Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wizard of Oz




You, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking. You are under the unfortunate impression that just because you run away you have no courage; you're confusing courage with wisdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I watched it...again...lol.

Wizard of Oz was on last night. Ive only seen this movie..lets see, Im 41...it comes on at least once a year..maybe twice..so prolly 80 times. LOL

Yes, it still makes me cry when they all get their wishes, and realize they had them all along...just needed someone to tell them so. Hmm..sounds familiar.

Yeah, I still cried when Dorothy came home at the end. Though I do disagree about everything you need being in your own backyard...;)

I do have a soft spot in my heart now for the Wicked Witch...she didnt mean to be so Wicked...;)

I realized, as I did when seeing Wicked...that this whole story is very empowering.Or it can be. Or maybe Im just crazy for getting inspiration from movies and plays. LOL The above quote is said by the Wizard when hes giving the Lion his courage medal. It made me cry last night too.


And I realized that next year will be the 70th anniversary of this spectacular and timeless movie. Wow.


Hope its on again soon. No matter how many times, or how often I see it...it still touches me.

No comments: