Friday, June 20, 2008

Promise to myself

6 months from now...I will be doing Shoulderstand.


Last night in Kundalini class we did Shoulderstand. *I* did not do it..as #1-Im chicken shit...#2- I do not have the upper body strength and flexibility needed to do this safely and properly and #3- My back and shoulders were very very tight and tense and sore.

So I did a modification of it, basically just lying on my back with my legs up in the air pointing my toes down as far as they would go.

Tonight I was doing this same pose, as it does feel quite good on your lower back...and teared up...remembering the shoulderstand in class..and how some part of me longs to do it.

So...I have made a promise to myself. That by December 20th...6 months from now...I will be doing, or have done a Shoulderstand.

Next comes learning how to prep for it...what poses should I be doing to strengthen and build flexibility in my back and shoulders.

Definitely going to talk to Louise..and maybe Marlysa too- the yoga instructor I started out with.

I want to do it...but want to do it safely.

I mean...I will be putting all my weight on my shoulders and neck.

This ain't child's play.

No comments: