Saturday, June 21, 2008

How it should have gone...

I place my plate and bowl on the scale...he rings it up...says its $15 please. I ask, is that including the weight of the plate and bowl? Oops, yes youre right, I did that wrong. Its only $7.

Or...

Its $15, ma'am. How much? Um, can I get the plastic plate and compare the price? I do so, its less...he apologizes and I accept...and feel good because I spoke up...calmly...and got a problem resolved.

Instead...I said nothing and have beaten myself mercilessly ever since.

Costly lesson indeed.... but one learned.

1 comment:

Uncle said...

Don't beat yourself up. Beat them up, because it's likely not a mistake, but a scam to take advantage of most peoples' habit of avoiding conflict, and you might have lost anyway.

Instead, post the name of the establishment, don't go back, and encourage others not to patronize the place. The way to fight bad business practices is to take business away from them. It's the only thing they fear.

The same might be said of oil companies, by the bye.