Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Facing Spaghetti Junction




Monday afternoon a man jumped from the top of Spaghetti Junction (where I-85 meets I-285-its a mess of overpasses and ramps and such)

Yes, he committed suicide (police found a note at his home later)

Yesterday I had to drive past/through Spaghetti Junction. I found myself looking at it and wondering for sure which level he jumped from (news didnt tell till last night) wondering if he changed his mind as he was falling...wondering if he did die instantly or if he suffered for a minute or two.

I started crying....and couldnt figure out why.

I was sad...that he felt that was his only option.And I was reminded of when I got very close to that point a couple years ago.

But something inside me still wanted to live...so I sought help.

There is always hope...always a better tomorrow. Yes, right now it sucks, its hard and youre not sure if you can make it through it. And you dont see *how* you could possibly live through the pain.

Others have been there...others can help you make it.

Don't give up.

Don't jump.

Today I looked at it again...no tears...just sadness that someone had reached the point of no return.

Hopefully soon I will be able to pass by and under it without much thought...and no tears. I have to pass this area-either look at it or drive through it at least once a day. So I need to get through and past this.

No comments: