Sunday, May 23, 2010

You *can* go home again

And when you do, you'll find some things have changed and others have stayed the same.

Changes- me- able to speak up and present a different opinion to others, especially to those whom have never allowed me to express my opinion on things. And they actually listened!

My parents house. Except the basement and bedrooms. The kitchen, dining room, bathrooms and living room are all different.Positive changes. They are pleased with them too. Never thought theyd be happy changing something. But they are.

The same- my dad's temper. And its ability to reduce me to a bundle of nerves. Unpredictable- he blows up once...is it over? Or is he just getting started? Will he drive everyone away this time? I felt myself actually zoning out, shutting down, not wanting to be there for what might come next. Luckily nothing more came. But I was triggered, and had to go out and pet the cat and breathe to get calmed down.

My parents stubborness. And their inability to see it. They can recognize it in others, and whoo-boy, can they criticize it. But cant see their own flaws. Oh, wait, if we dont talk about things, they dont exist. So, if I dont admit I have flaws and am stubborn, that means Im not. Right? Yep,m that's them.

No comments: