Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yoga



I went to a yoga class last evening for the first time in several months. It was given by the yoga instructor who started me in Yoga.

I have revived my dream of wanting to become a yoga teacher.It has been pushed aside because of fear, lack of confidence...holding back from allowing my potential to "be".

I did poses last night I hadnt done in quite some time. Yes, I was a little rusty, and yes, the negative tapes inside my head started their cries of "See, you cant do this, youll never be good at this" blah blah blah. I talked back to them "I havent been in yoga class in at least 6 months if not longer. OF COURSE Im not gonna be as good as I was. But with time and practice, regular practice, I can get back and exceed where I was before. So, kindly shut up and let me enjoy this class." And, they did.

I went deeper into Downdog than I ever have. And again I thought while smiling "Yesss, this is why dogs do this all the time! It feels wunnnerrrfullll!"

While I didnt feel the amazing energy surges I have in the past...its hard to describe them...its like waves of pleasure, no not quite like an orgasm...but a bit similar- I guess its from the endorphin releases, or maybe the tension being released, Im not sure.Still, I know that yoga is going to help me, and has helped me, to become healthier, stronger and more confident.

I have kind of let things slide and fall to the wayside, get pushed back by fear and lack of trust and confidence in myself.

Well..not anymore!

I am going to start taking steps to get more into yoga, and start researching what I need to do to prepare to become a teacher. As well as working on my confedince and conquering, or at least taming my irrational fears, taht have been holding me back for so long.

So happy to be back on the mat! :)

No comments: