Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lonely Space

It waits for me to enter

To fill it with my breath, my smile, my tears

Ganesh looks out the window at the trees, patiently waiting for my “Namaste, Ganesh”

Always ready to remove the obstacles I place before me

Piglet and Pooh ponder the butterfly waiting to inspire me to shed my caterpillar ways and start to fly

The Tiger and Leopard watch them and the door, hoping it will open soon and I will look into their majestic faces once more

The 6 red Buddhas from the flea market sit on the windowsill. They are new here, and smile as they wait to see what goes on in this room

The tea lights wait to be lit, to give warmth to the brass bowl that sits nearby, silent.

Peace and Hope sit on the windowsill beside the glass enclosed Chinese carving , missing my touching their softness as I look out the window at the backyard before beginning

The books are piled on the floor, still waiting for the bookshelves that have been promised

So what is it that keeps me out of this space?

The space I created for myself

The space to do Yoga, the thing that brings me joy, calm and healing

Why dont I open the door?

No comments: